Monday, February 13, 2012

My how we ate

You're still awake, I'm still awake 
Laying on opposite sides like there's been a quake; making a line that divides how we ache
Leaving behind pieces of what we break in our wake
My how we ate our hearts out in mistakes
When we come down, we may then see the crates, soap boxes we stay on top of to be safe
Listen, we sound like robots, questions never stop, like have we had enough?
"Let me out" you will shout and then start to sob, then turn around and ask for a ride 
I have too much pride to go run and hide so instead of staying inside, out of my mouth my mind runs like the tides
If only we could take our time, instead of jumping the gun, stepping over the line
We might run into some fun, who knows what we'd find
I want you to know, I'm willing to grow and do want you to shine
Listening to this song now I see, truth must be spoken or we will be broken 
Communication, if opened, would take our stew off this heat where we boil
I know you're loyal, I love you and want to stop this from ending spoiled, salutations and so on
If we retire the separation, then we acquire appreciation; and then some

Been down this street, we'll make it
Just laugh with me, joy's harmless 
If you believe, we'll make it
Just give the love to save us

No comments:

Post a Comment