Wednesday, April 11, 2012

30 days and counting to the "Miss California" crown....

The "Miss California" pageant is 30 days from today on May 11. I am "Miss Venice Beach" 2012, currently gathering sponsors who will back my journey to being crowned and give me a platform to touch an even larger number of people with Love. Please check out http://www.welovenice.com/ to see a little insider's view on how I got here and also please find yourself making a tax deductible donation by clicking the "sponsor" link at http://www.misscaus.com/ if your precious heart feels so driven to contribute to the cause :)
I am hardly surprised how much work goes into a venture of this type, yet now that I am officially involved in the world of pageantry, I definitely understand first hand the commitment level it takes to receive the honor of representing an entire state. I'm determined. I wake up each morning with a plan to take my physical, intellectual and even spiritual stature to the next level.
After various suggestions to expose the efforts I'm putting forth to make Venice Beach and all of California proud, I think keeping track of my activities in an attempt to see a transformation inspired by this opportunity could be something worth letting you in on. Hopefully you have fun, learn a few new things or just enjoy being a part of my team through out this journey if you have taken the time to click on this link. THANK YOU! Thank you for your support. Your belief in my abilities inspires me to succeed :)
So then, here we go... Today I took my first "Sweat Pilates" class (http://www.sweatepilates.com/) I am dripping without an once of cardio! I love the machine we get to work with and find the low impact, high resistance to be a perfect combination for a retired athlete's lingering ailments. This return to a fitness center felt dreaded at first and extremely difficult to even begin yet like we usually do, I feel completely motivated with energy after walking out of only a 45 min class! See, after celebrating my Aquarius birthday I traveled to NYC doing fit modeling and returned just in time to repack and hop on another flight. In no way am I complaining, I landed in Dallas mid Match and got the chance to reconnect with my southern roots.. I had an amazing visit with Granny and family including my cousin's 1st baby welcoming party and a stay in my older Sister's newest palace on the lake. I still feel blessed to have been given the experience of being a part of such special occasions and yet there was no shortage of delicious, fattening and unique dishes in middle America including a legendary "Haystack". From DFW I made the trip to Austin to collaborate on music at a church turned recording shrine, "Same Sky Productions" studio and took in the creative mix of unlimited artists on 6th St. and beyond for the SXSW festivities (http://sxsw.com/).
Here's the surprise; before heading to Houston for the next stop on my adventure of The Lone State I received an email referring me as a perfect candidate for the upcoming Miss California pageant.. Honestly, having only done one pageant my whole life at age 2, I took this news with a grain of salt and forged on to meet up with my step mom after years of distance between us. A delightful reunion, for the first time in our lives we actually had a weekend to bond just the two of us, touring the Kemah Pier down to historical Galveston Island. before I headed home to Cali. All the while mind you I allowed myself to excessively over indulge in classic Texas cuisine with absolutely zero exercise, so let's just say I came back "thick".
Well, as great as the homecoming was that I received with all my new "meat" and as fun as it was to find pleasure in food again after nearly a decade of tight dietary restrictions (due to allergies and illness from lack of intestinal peristalsis) I was worn out abusing Benedryl and 5hr energy's to stay active and alert.
With further investigation into the requirements for becoming this specific type of community leader in hopes of being crowned "Miss California", I read with each sentence another description of who I pride myself in being or thrive to become. The spark had aggressively ignited a flame lighting a path I have been drawn to follow and I proceeded to acquire the title of "Miss Venice Beach" since I find this particular area of my Golden State to be filled with culture, passion and consciousness, all of which are important factors in my opinion to living truthfully. I'm honored.
I've renewed my vows to health today and this is where I'm starting from! I intend to grow more attentive to detail on daily basis through workouts and willpower, with a mission mold myself even further into what is seen as the ultimate "Miss California" - Classy, Kind, Healthy and Wise. I have reached out to my gracious network of contacts in an effort to corral substantial financial support and am happy to report the momentous energy I'm receiving has propelled me to dive in head first.. Now I have one week to round up tax-deductible donations before the April 19th deadline. So, it's official. I am determined to tone up, get tan naturally and organically- staying aligned with my integrity to lead by example, find a stunning gown, stay up with current events, create a custom swim suit to strut in with heels on the stage of a packed autetorium, raise enough sponsor support to show community involvement and alleviate pageant costs.. As well as volunteer at the overnight special needs acting camp "Zeno Mountain Farm" (http://www.zenomountianfarm.org/) starting next week and be completely prepared to face 49 other contestants with faith that the panel of judges will see the power of my positive presence and believe in this light of mine I'm letting shine enough to choose me as 2012's "Miss California" (http://www.misscaus.com/) ... all in the next 30 DAYS! Here it goes: I'm ready to show the world what California is made of and hope you'll help me get there!
What do you think? Any tips to going about a month such as this ;)
1ove Above All.

No comments:

Post a Comment